Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween Time

Christmas, Thanksgiving, Valentines Day, Easter and New Years, these are the big holidays that everyone looks forward to. But lets face it, while all these holidays are fun and exciting the one holiday that blows these out of the water is Halloween. What do we say about Halloween? Well, many things can be said about Halloween.

First, this is the one holiday where you can dress in ridiculous outfits and nobody cares. I mean I could walk down the street with a garbage bag over my head and tell people that I am a ghost and no one cares. Now, if I were to do this on any other regular day people would say I am crazy right. Well that is one reason why this holiday is so fun because adults can, for one day get away from the everyday hustle and bustle of  a working lifestyle and just lay back and let it all hang out.

Second, the candy!  Halloween is the only time you can get unlimited amounts of candy for free.  That is one of the things I miss most about my childhood.  After trick or treating I could not wait to get back home and empty my pillow case that was full of candy.  Another great thing is that my mother would make delicious red candy apple's around the Halloween season.

Now there are others, like myself who take this holiday a little more serious. I personally think that Halloween is the best thing since sliced bread. What I enjoy so much about Halloween is not only the costumes but the atmosphere in general. I love to decorate my house with every little spooky ghost and goblin I can find. I go to every Halloween party I can and I wear a different costume to each one. Why? Might you ask, well let me put it this way this is my way of expressing my self and the way I am as a person in as many ways as possible. So, you see its not just a holiday but a month of free expression. I mean cause lets face it, this world is based on looks and the way you present yourself. So for this month of  October you can be who you want to be and no one thinks twice about it.

All in all, this holiday we call Halloween can be seen and interpreted many different ways. The point is that you need to enjoy yourself and step out of the box and just do things a little bit on the strange side. Until next time. Have a Happy Halloween and don't do anything I wouldn't do.

By: Anthony Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment